Abortion Support Network (ASN) is a charity that provides financial assistance, accommodation and confidential, non-judgemental information to women forced to travel from Ireland and Northern Ireland and pay privately for abortions in England. The cost of this ranges from £400 to £2000 depending on circumstance and stage of pregnancy.
ASN was founded with the understanding that making abortion against the law doesn’t stop abortion but only stops safe abortion. Or as we say as often as we can to anyone who will listen, making abortion against the law means that when faced with an unwanted pregnancy, women with money have options and women without money have babies, or do dangerous and desperate things.
ASN is not a campaigning or lobbying organisation. While other organisations campaign for much needed law reform, our volunteers work hard to provide immediate, practical support to women who are unable to access safe and legal abortion in their own countries. We believe that the laws in these countries should change, so that women don’t have to seek help from our organisation. In the meantime, we will do as much as we can to help as many women as possible.
The help we offer
See our Get Help page for more information on the help we offer women.
Our mission, vision and values
- To provide financial assistance, accommodation and information to women forced to travel to England to access a safe, legal abortion
- A world where women have access to safe, free, legal abortions wherever they live
- We are compassionate and respectful of women and their decisions
- We believe in providing practical support that improves women’s lives
- ASN is pro choice but non-political